Friday, March 15, 2013

March 15 2013

Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancers: Stephanie Maiorano & Max Tchernychev. The Moment where all the gypsy women dance with Don Juan.

Daily Stuff: Sorry to have forgotten to blog for two days, but got very busy. On Wednesday, I decided to film 24 Preludes today (Friday) rather than wait, so I went into show mode. Needless to say, I DID finish it. And pulled costumes for it. We DID film most of it today. Just left a ten minute section to be filmed tomorrow after the warm up class, because of dance availability.

On Wednesday I taught my second Dewey class It was little wild, but managed to come back under control. The kids learned a 3 step turn, which we added to our Jota. They also learned step hop.

Yesterday, I spoke to a group of Young Actors and had a delightful surprise. I had been asked by Courtney Corey to speak to some of her students. So I waited after my rehearsal until 4:30. When I got there I sat next to an older woman. Starting up conversation I asked her what she did.

"Oh I am a playwright."

"Oh, what do you write?"

"Plays for children"

"Plays that are performed for children or plays for children to perform?"

"Plays for children to perform. I write all sorts. Some are parodies of famous classics like Romeo and Juliet or my favorite was The Taming of The Shrew set in the Wild West. It was called Rowdy Kate."

"Rowdy Kate? I was in rowdy Kate in Junior High!"

I performed it with my brother and we san a song together. She seemed very happy :) I wrote my brother afterwards and he was also pleasantly surprised.

As for today... after filming,  I went to ensemble callbacks at the SCPA for In The Heights. We managed to get a nice hunk of our ensemble cast. So onwards!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home