Tuesday, March 05, 2013

March 5 2013

Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancer: Regan Nuchereno. The first Gypsy solo. Around this time, the lights started to join us in the rehearsal process.
Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancer: Regan Nuchereno.

Daily Stuff: Back to work!
Set 3 solos today for the 24 Preludes. I ended up changing the music I was using. They pick up where the 7 Preludes that were performed by Stephanie and Joe in the fall. Matt will dance in Preludes 8 & 9. I was originally going to set numbers 10, 11 & 12 for Zoe, Regan, and Elana today. But as I listened to them I decided that I wanted to use number 12 for Zoe, so I switched her with Elana. After setting Zoe's piece, I was listening to Preludes 10 & 11 and figured out that 10 really was so short that it worked best as a "prelude" to 11. So I decided to give both to Elana and move Regan into Prelude 13, after Zoe. Prelude 13 was always going to be a piece for the 3 girls and Matt. It is at least twice as long, so it was very simple to give Regan the first part of it as a solo.

Have to deal a bit with the port de bras I want for all of them, but it's a good start.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home