Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11 2013

Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancers: Stephanie Maiorano & Max Tchernychev. I rather like this image. it will probably be seen a lot next year in our marketing.

Daily Stuff: Monday is usually a "day off," but not today. Went in at 10:30 to set 2 Prelude solos on Camille. I was supposed to have done them last week, but I had double booked and had to cancel.

I knew the first solo would go fairly smoothly. Pretty music that has a recurring motif set on a pretty dancer. It has some nice tendril-ly things going on. The second solo was a bit more challenging, but I ran into luck. First, it is shorter than the first. Second, Camille told me her mother played it a lot. So it was good that she had a familiarity with it, since it is much harder to hear the structure. The dancing itself, however, is not so complex. Lots of echappes and releves.

Afterwards, I went to the Living Coast Discovery Center to see about partnering with them on our October show. Hadn't been in a while and it was both a nice meeting and a nice visit. I think good things will come of it.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home