Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10 2013

Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancers: Stephanie Maiorano & Max Tchernychev. Still in the Gypsy pas de deux.

Daily Stuff: Taught Company Class. Had an auditioner come in and take as well. Very nice clean technique. Then ran the Preludes that have been set and continued on.

First I set the last part of Prelude 13, where matt dances with the 3 girls. Nice and clean. Some weaving in and out while holding hands and a repetitive lift sections. That piece actually keeps going in the silence after the music has ended. I have always been fond of dances that do that. It forces the audience to remember that dancing to music is a choice, not a necessity.

Then staged Matt's second solo. I started with one idea in my mind as as I was choreographing it morphed. It was at first a rather courtly piece, but as I kept going it ended up becoming very sensual and earthy, but also very elevated. It kind of turned into and Adam discovery/birth/remembrance of birth thing. When I looked up the nickname of the piece (all the preludes have nicknames) I saw that it was known as the "Vision" prelude. Very apt.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home