Tuesday, February 05, 2013

February 5 2013

Countdown to Valentine's Day and Don Juan Opening. You Must Remember This...

Daily Stuff: Staged the Opening of Act Three today. Also worked Max (and some additional girls) into the Peasant dance. Got the cast involved as the "audience" to the little Celebratory Dance and did one of my favorite upstage/downstage opposing action things in the scene. While the Celebratory Dancers circle the stage, Max and Stephanie have a sort of Cat and Mouse thing going on downstage. Should be able to start on the final sequence of Act Three tomorrow, which encapsulates the actual wedding and Don Juan's interior monologue.

Then went to teach at Florence Elementary School. Was a pretty good class, but I did have to do a little bit of reality checking with one of the students. She just wasn't focusing or applying herself, so I had her sit out of class. Afterwards, I told her that she needed to think about whether or not she really wanted to be in the class. I don't like being the bad guy, but I also can't have students in the class who are keeping the others from succeeding by distracting them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home