Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Making the Effort

Ran what we knew and I cleaned up as I went along. Loved doing the detail work. I was able to clean up Act 1 and then we ran Act 2. Tomorrow, we run Act 1 and clean Act 2. Act 3 is coming along.

Today, I made an effort to get out a bit more in the arts community. 

After rehearsal, I dropped by a stained glass art studio in Liberty Station. I had gone there a month back and mentioned that I might commission a piece. So I put my money where my mouth was. I have an odd narrow window by my front door, so that basically anyone outside can see me inside when they knock. As the house has a hacienda feel, I figured that I would do something different. Perhaps an agave-inspired stained glass window. How unique! Evidently not :)  When I went onto google to get some agave ideas to give the artist, I saw that there are tons of agave inspired stained glass pieces. Ah well, it is still what I want. The artist (Lisa) was very nice. Looking forward to seeing what she comes up with. Her website is below.

https://www.verredesigns.com/

Also went to a gallery opening for an artist pal, Joe Phillips, at a local gallery. Went for 3 reasons. First was to support a local artist.Honestly, if you can support by going to an opening or checking them out at a street fair or market, do it. Likes on social media are fine, but it isn't the same thing as making the effort to make the human contact.And shelling out a bit of $. Second reason I went was because I needed to do my own work on people skills. Happy I did so. Met a very nice artist couple. Chatted with some art lovers. Asked the gallery owner about business, etc. The gallery link is also below. Nice space.

https://www.sdartadvisory.com/

Finally, without being morbid. Today was my parents wedding anniversary. I lost them both in quick succession last year. I did go yesterday to place roses on their grave, but today I felt like I wanted to go out and do new things and get out of myself a bit, and not be too introspective. I am sure they would have approved of my soon-to-be-prairie-style-agave-inspired-glass entry window. The lovely small nude I bought at the gallery might have taken a bit longer to grow on them :) But they would have accepted it all with the grace that they always did of having an artist as a son. I was truly lucky to have had them with me as long as I did. I miss them everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home