Monday, February 05, 2024

A Rainy Day Off


It is Monday. Our traditional Day Off... but not for me. Had an early AM interview with Dave Drexler, all around good guy and host of Inside Art for Jazz 88 radio. Best thing about it was that... it wasn't live. I hate live interviews. I have always been a bit of a slow thinker and sometimes the hosts will try to ask you something tricky. That usually produces lots of "umms" and silences. Prerecorded is great because then I can take my time and actually comeup with a semi-cohesive (semi-entertaining) answer. Also, by this point, I have had a bit of time to get myself into the Don Juan groove. Like, why I chose to do it again in the first place. But first, why the return to blogging. When I gave it up, things just started getting a bit hectic. So I kind of just needed all my energy for... life. When things slowed down again, it just kind of fell off the radar. Then Covid came along and last year, as Queen Elizabeth once said was my "Annus horribillis" Lots of change.With the beginning of the new year, I have time, and perhaps shifted priorities, that make blogging, and perhaps, reflection make more sense. Once again, more on that later. Above is some corps de ballet work from Sunday's rehearsal of Don Juan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home