Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14 2012

 Tech Rehearsal Romeo et Juliet 2012. Photos by Greg Olive.
 Tech Rehearsal Romeo et Juliet 2012. Photos by Greg Olive.
Tech Rehearsal Romeo et Juliet 2012. Photos by Greg Olive.

Daily Stuff - Colosseum tour today. It was very good. Long and informative also did the Palantine Hill and Roman Forum. Did all of my tours with Walks of Italy and they were great! Small groups. Very nice informative guides. Anna. Tyson. Jowita. When I was a kid, my parents would take s to the bullfights in Tijuana. Yes, I know. Anyhow, the Colosseum reminded me of those bullrings. As the guide as talking, I kept harkening back to those experiences. Met a nice mother and daughter from Toronto on the tour. The daughter was a dancer. Later we discovered that there was another dancer (from New York) on the tour with us. I guess there was a theme. :)

Went to see Michelangelo's statue of Moses in a church nearby. It's really to bad. It's displayed poorly. They have it on ground level, when it really should be looked up at. As such, the "effect" is a little flat. The church also had a Christian "relic." Not really much on relics here. These were the chains that St. Peter was supposed to have been bound in.

Had more gelato. Twice. And my basic caprese/spaghetti combo.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home