Thursday, August 09, 2012

August 9 2012

Tech Rehearsal Romeo et Juliet 2012. Photos by Greg Olive.
Tech Rehearsal Romeo et Juliet 2012. Photos by Greg Olive.

Daily Stuff - Okay in a nutshell. Yesterday and the night before.
Because my flight was early in the morning (and my Olympic events were done at around 10:30 pm), I decided the best thing would be to just head over to Heathrow after my Olympic experience. I could only take a backpack to the games, so everything I needed for the next 10 days was crammed in there. Games end.
Walk to the tube in the rain. Get on the District Line to Heathrow. 50 minutes later, we arrive. I look for my airline. Not there. Double check my ticket. Flying out of Gatwick. Back on the tube. Rewind 40 minutes to St. Pancras and Gatwick connections. Arrive. No all night trains. Have to take Victoria line to Victoria station. 20 minutes. Get to Victoria. Miss train. Have to wait 30 minutes for next train. Get train make it to Gatwick. Crash on the airport lobby floor.
Don't sleep well. Early flight. Plane is crowded. A bit claustrophobic and hot. Minor panic attack. Make it to Florence. Shuttle to center of town. Walk through twisty streets. Its hot! Find the hotel. Nice receptionist (Monti) upgrades me to a room with pvt bath and little view of the bell tower and Duomo. Long soak and air conditioning. Zonk!
Wake up. Its dark. Go out for a stroll on the Piazza della Signora. Very nice. Vendors were selling blue light up thingies that kids would throw up in the air and come down slowly. Like blue fireflies.

But my bed called.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home