Saturday, March 03, 2012

Mar 3 2012

Rehearsal for SDB's Romeo et Juliet. Photographer: Gregory Olive. Dancer: Martine Perez. I have always encouraged the dancers playing this part to have a simplicity and delicacy to what they do.

Rehearsal for SDB's Romeo et Juliet. Photographer: Gregory Olive. Dancers: Leila Gardner, Abby Avery & Martine Perez. Ah, the sleeping potion. I always had to wonder, what can you drink that can make you "appear" dead and not actually kill you?

Daily Stuff - Had a very nice fundraiser tonight. thanks to all who contributed. Dancers. Staff. Volunteers.  And patrons. The Sneak Peek of Don Juan was very well received and the audience loved getting a look at the SDSB students and the lecture demo we do at public schools. Kudos to all. Of course, I did have to get the program to the printers, and pick up my dry cleaning, and swing by the fabric store to get 3 yards of white organza for the lecture demo. Everything was working so efficiently... until I got to the fabric store. I found what I needed instantly, but was then in the dreaded fabric store line. If you don't know what I am talking about, you have never stepped in a fabric store (and are probably a guy.) Anyway, 45 minutes later, I was out of there and on my way to another night of wearing cool but painful shoes.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home