Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nov 12 2011

Rehearsal for SDB's Suite Italienne. Photographer Manny Rotenburg. Dancers: Stephanie Maiorano and Max Tchernychev.

Ah well, today was a short day. Just a couple of hours of rehearsal on the Spanish, Arabian, and Chinese variations. Robin (my co-director) will be rehearsing the end of the first Act.

The Trailer park musical opened last night at the Rep to enthusiastic audience response. One more checked off the list.

I mentioned a grant yesterday. I was awarded $20,000 by the San Diego Foundation's Creative Catalyst Fund. It is a new initiative that funds individual artists to move to the next stage of their development. My proposal was to take a dance piece that had been performed by SDB and to turn it into a musical by commissioning a new score. I'll be giving my ongoing reports via this blog from now until next September. So stay tuned !

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home