Thursday, December 03, 2009

A Visit to Mission Trails Park

I have to admit, I chose this next location out of guilt.
I knew that Mission Trails Park existed and was just a few minutes from downtown, but I had never made the effort to visit it. It was just one of those things that you keep putting off until later. I had always wanted this photo campaign to show the many facets of San Diego, both for visitors AND residents.

So I figured that I should include a place that I personally needed to strike off my own "To Do List."

Well, it was a lovely morning. Dappled sunlight. Autumn leaves. Nice park ranger. Here are a couple of nice pics that were not chosen for Kristy's web page.
The first wasn't chosen because it was just too vertical. It didn't fit into the space needed without cutting off either Kristy's feet or the puma's head.
The second, although a nice pic of Kristy, could have just been taken anywhere. This faux rock could have been Big Thunder Railroad at Disneyland, or Tiger River at the Zoo or Knott's Berry Farm. Although it might make a nice advertisement for a fake rock company, it isn't really a "San Diego" pic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I read one of your posts from 2007 in which you talked about Jack Tygett and his wife Marge and the fact you took lessons from them. I also, many years ago, took lessons from them. Do you know if they are still alive or what happened to them? I have such fond memories of my years with them in Northridge, CA about 1961-1967 I think. I would love to hear anything about them. Thanks, Jo Arnspiger

3:38 PM  
Blogger Javier said...

Dear Jo,
Please forgive the lateness of my reply. Jack and Marge were such a huge part of my life. Jack is still with us, but unfortunately, Marge passed away in the mid-80s. She and Jack were directing and choreographing for the San Diego Civic Light Opera at the time and she had also been quite involved in giving dance lessons to champion ice skaters. Marge had a long fight with cancer which she finally lost, but she did get to see the birth of her grandson, which was very important to her. Jack was still teaching and directing until just recently. Such an inspiration in class. He is now retired. Although he is in good spirits, he is beginning to have some problems memory wise. If you would like to send him a note, i am sure he would appreciate it. Just let me know and I can send you his contact info.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home