Tuesday, May 01, 2007

testing... testing

Ah... then day is almost done as I sit here in the office at 8:30.

One of the regular renters is in a studio down the hall... capoeira. It's very loud, but the people have great energy. Singing right now

Continued to cover for Bev. They are testing. Remember that? number 2 pencils and filling in the bubbles. So I didn't have to go in until 10. Normally, it is 8 am. Not being a morning person, you can understand why I stopped teaching in the public school arena. Tomorrow, I don't start until 10:40. Huzzah!

Anyway I was freaking out because I had to get some things ready for a meeting at the San Diego Foundation (big granters). And when I got to the office I realized that my meeting is NEXT Tuesday. Huzzah! Huzzah! So now I am ahead of the curve.

Karen (Chelsy's mom) was teaching her final tap class (before they head back to Australia), so she had a pizza party. I got to pinch some. Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

So all that left was for me to get my materials together for a Star Awards meeting tomorrow. I have to present the ideas for the awards ceremony, so thanks to Photoshop and Google and my Printer (which is chugging away) I will have my full color inspirational package ready in moments.

The theme I have chosen is from Portia's speech from Merchant of Venice...

"How far that little candle throws his beams... so shines a good deed!"



There are a lot of presenters and I wanted to try to get images of the in the presentation, I managed to find them all (thank you again Google) except one. I couldn't find an online picture of the president of the Performing Arts League, so I had to find a place holder.

So being me, I decided to have fun with it.

Meet Mr. Place Holder...



That should be good for a chuckle.

So onto...



Want a fast one today so I will just give you... a quote that we will use in the Star Awards

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."

Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The guy who wrote The Little Prince.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home