Thursday, May 03, 2007

All In Their Places...

With bright shining faces.

Put all of the Middle school girls in their places for their dances.

It is a bit of a juggling act. At that level (first year dance) some girls are just more naturally pre-disposed to the art form. That doesn't mean that if someone really applied themselves that they couldn't bring themselves up, but it takes time.

It takes years to make a dancer. Unlike a San Diego Ballet performance, where I have an obligation to put the best performance out there (even if it means keeping a dancer from performing), here I need to make sure that every girl has a chance to show what she has learned.

Now, the weaker dancers WANT the stronger dancers in front, so they can follow them. But they can't follow them forever. So I try to make sure that they all have at least a moment in front.

After class, I zoomed to the SDB offices to have a meeting about Buddy Holly with Steve Gunderson. We got a lot accomplished but still have a lot to do.

...then I did the glamorous job of stuffing some invites for our upcoming auction.



Back to my childhood, the Southern Hairy Nosed Wombat.

Wombat.
Wombat.
Wombat.



I just love the name. It's fun to say. It's great that the actual wombat looks like what one would imagine a wombat should look like.

Nature's bulldozers. Evidently, despite their cuddly demeanor, they can be very nasty adults. Solitary animals that don't like being bugged.

Hmmm. I wonder why I have such an affinity for them?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home