Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Detailing

Photo from Don Juan at the Conrad Prebys Performing Arts Center

Spent the day giving notes of the Rhino pas de deux and the Swan. Also set the Aquarium section of Carnival. At this point, we are working with the original music, as opposed to the new score. I want the dancers to get very set with the old accents before we start working with new melodies. Things may, of course, change. But better to have a strong take on it before we change things up.   Just like the pic above. That moment in Don Juan was always a promenade supported by two hands. The dancers got so comfy with it that I asked them to change it to a one handed promenade,  but I wouldn't have done it if I knew they weren't rock solid. In the case of Carnival, I need the dancers to have the original intent in their abck pocket before we go to the next phase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home