Monday, November 14, 2011

Dec 7 2011

Rehearsal SDB Alice:Wonderland. Photographer: Manny Rotenberg. Dancer: Caitlin Sullivan. The Duchess' foot and a flamingo croquet mallet in detail. Dunno why I just like the interplay here. And a slight bit of San Diego Theatre trivia. If you go and see The Great American Trailer Park Musical at the San Diego Rep this week, you can see our croquet mallets "on loan" as lawn decoration. While I was choreographing the show, they mentioned they needed flamingos, so I volunteered ours.

Finished the postcards for the February show and sent them off to the printshop. Should get them back in a few. Robin rehearsed the lecture demo today. Unfortunately we had an injury today. Tiffany's foot is hurt, so she will have to be replaced in the lecture demo this week.

I taught Level 5 today at the school. It is actually the only San Diego School of Ballet class I teach. The company classes I do in the morning aren't really considered school classes. Anyhow, the Level 5 girls are starting to look stronger. We have been working on their jumps and beats. Personally, I hated beats (batterie would be the correct term). I was much happier in adagio. But then I never had any illusions of becoming a ballet dancer. And some of these girls do. So they need to work on their entrechats, cabrioles, and brises. Everytime, I see them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home