Friday, June 07, 2013

June 7 2013

Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancers: Max Tchernychev & Stephanie Maiorano. So we are in the midst of the adagio section.
Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancers: Max Tchernychev & Stephanie Maiorano. One attractive position to another. But always maintaining some tension.

Daily Stuff: Was supposed to help with a gallery show today, but I got a request from a dear friend to help her with a trip to LA. I was going to have to go up tomorrow anyway, so I quickly changed my plans to suit everyone.

Called in and got the staff and volunteers at SDB to take care of the gallery, also to help with a last minute request to loan a picture to the Women's Museum for their current exhibition on women in comics. They wanted Julie Warren's image of Candye Kane as Wonder Woman, so we did a quick facilitation.

As for me, I rented a sleek black Mazda RX3, and zipped to LA (complete with my Nat King Cole soundtrack).

I managed to get in a viewing of an elementary school's annual International Dance Festival. 3 hours of the Macarena, Mambo No.5, and even a Spanish language version of Achy- Breaky Heart.

I am up here for a dance summit tomorrow. So after I dropped my friend off at Union Station, I zipped into a Starbucks, got on Priceline and found a hotel. A bit overpriced, but only two blocks away from where I need to be tomorrow. And they gave me a cookie.

The one thing I am upset about is that I really wanted to attend the Technomania Circus's show Blacklight and Vaudeville tomorrow.

Check it out at www.technomaniacircus.com


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home