Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10 2013

Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancers: Chris Jovilar, Maxim Tchernychev, and Stephanie Maiorano. One of the repeated overheads in the adagio. I have to say, overhead lifts can be a bit tricky so far as placing them in choreography. The man should never look as if he is "weightlifting." It should always be about the effect made once his partner is in the air. not the effort (or anticipated effort) of him getting her up.

Daily Stuff: Was supposed to have had my final In The Heights rehearsal with the students at the SCPA today. When I got there, the school was deserted. Evidently, they had a minimum day and didn't let me know. Hmmmmm.

So I spoke to Jacole at the Rep and asked to see if she could reschedule an extra one.

Dropped in the office. The school is closed for the day because they just had an end of year performance. So it was quiet. 

Edited the video of the latest of the 24 Preludes and posted it. We are on #10 now. Scheduled an e-mail blast to go out tomorrow.

Done early, so came home and worked on my terrace garden. Planted some nice drought resistant plants. They always seem to be coming out with new ones. Where do they come from I wonder. I remember, it used to be cactus and sort of straw colored grass. These are actually a nice green with flowers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home