Tuesday, January 08, 2013

January 8 2013

  Rehearsal Matt Carney in Mambomania Fall 2012   Photography : Manny Rotenberg
 Rehearsal Matt Carney in Mambomania Fall 2012   Photography : Manny Rotenberg

Daily Stuff: First day back! Very nice rehearsal today. We started working on a dream sequence that anchors the Second Act of Don Juan. It's your typical ballet large corps of women dancing for one guy dream sequence But the nice thing is that I was able to reuse a Guitar Concerto I did a couple of years ago to make up the bulk of it.

When I was looking for music, it turns out that this particular composer would reuse melodic themes in different pieces. So as I was listening to unrelated concertos, I kept hearing new variations and treatments of old themes. Which may not be so much for originality, but its great if you are looking for an evenings worth of music that sounds as if it was written to be heard together.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home