Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21 2012


Rehearsal for SDB's Firebird 2010. Photographer: Manny Rotenburg. During our summer hiatus, I decided to post some pics from the archives.

Daily Stuff - Worked on Zoot Suit Boogie at rehearsal. Sort of finished it, in that I got the Pachuco and his back up girls worked in. Also, totally finished the rival gang's choreography and pretty much blocked out the choreography for the leads. Although it has been set, some of the leads haven't had time to learn it. Luckily, I have a very good dance captain, Spencer Smith. Not only did he do the show 15 years ago, in a different part, but he played my nephew in the Nutcracker at SDB when he was a kid.

Also did a sort of one step quadrille dance for some couples while the lead character is in prison. It is called a paso doble in the script, but I have always seen it as a bit lower class. It is meant to be satiric. So even the last time I staged it, I made it pretty raunchy as far as looking like a dance someone would do in a bar in Tijuana.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home