Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Day After

No picture today.

Maybe I'll start posting inspirational pics of things that mean something to me.

We had our shows yesterday. Everything went swimmingly. Good response from our audiences. And the dancers seemed happy. It was one of our dancer's last shows. Trudy Cunningham will be leaving us to go back home to Kansas. Our loss is Witchita's gain and we wish her the best as embarks on this new part of her life.

Uma, Andrea, Steve and Gail brought the same level of excellence this year to the production that they did last year and I special thank you goes out to Mo and the Mandeville technical staff (who I hope enjoyed the left over bottles of wine from our reseption.)

Another special thanks to our lighting designer for this show, Christian DeAngelis. He stepped in at the last moment and was thorough, professional and a joy to work with. In a word, he was awsomo.

All in all, a wonderful day that brought together dancers and supporters from the past and present that ended with a small celebration at Rock Bottom Brewery. I had a lovely handcrafted soda that tasted like a mixture of watermelon and sour apple Jolly Rancher candies.

So I still have the costumes (and wings) in my car. Tomorrow, I am off to the studio to drop them off and start working on next years season.

If anyone is interested, I have changed the settings of this blog so that anyone can post comments.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home