Saturday, June 22, 2013

June 22 2013

Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancers: Sarah Nyfield and Chris Jovilar. The inclusion of two dancers performing for the others also gave me an excuse to put in a bit more bravura, showy steps to push the excitement this late in the ballet.
Don Juan in Tech Rehearsal February 2013. Photo: Manuel Rotenberg. Dancers: Sarah Nyfield and Chris Jovilar. For the most part< I tend to stay away from anything that looks intentionally "difficult." That "in your face" type of dancing or choreography has never really impressed me much. It is also the easiest thing to set.

Daily Stuff: SUDS rehearsal day. Accomplished what I had hoped. Staged two scenes and a number. One of the had already been half staged, so quick work was made of it. Then ran everything and staged the cast for a theatre benefit they are doing tonight. Just one number from the show, but it will be around a single microphone, so there is a little position jockeying that I set.

At least the rehearsals were early in the day. No traffic. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally visited your blog and caught up on your happenings. i'm going to miss having you teach my class the next few months...i've learned so much and love the conditioning...

6:24 PM  
Blogger Javier said...

Thank you so much.
Summer is the time that I take to direct and choreograph musical theater works. My first love.
I'll be back teaching in the fall. :)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home