Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jan 28 2012

Rehearsal for SDB's Romeo et Juliet. Photographer: Gregory Olive. Dancers: Abby Avery & Max Tchernychev. Ah all the lines so stretched
Rehearsal for SDB's Romeo et Juliet. Photographer: Gregory Olive. Dancers: Abby Avery & MAx Tchernychev. Sometimes when you choreograph a piece there is a motif that keeps popping up. In my Romeo and Juliet, one of them is the "dip".  Dips are romantic. Each of their 3 pas de deux has some form of this step in it.

Daily Stuff - Taught class today for Max, who was off with some of the students of the school at a competition. Personally, I dislike the idea of dance competitions. I know there are many who would disagree with me, and that is fine. But it just isn't my bag. (Yes, I also dislike So You Think You Can Dance.) But the I also dislike any kind of games where people "lose," like Monopoly, etc. Anyhow, after class, I went over the non Romeo pas de deux's that have already been taught and then set a sweet little pas de deux from A Midsummer Night's Dream for Bottom and Titania, as well as a solo from a piece from 1998, set to some Patsy Cline music.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home